BanK travels

Saturday, May 13, 2006

In de Delhi

Howdy folks!

Well, it feels like a while since I sat at a keyboard and that is, perhaps, overstating a "while". Funny, because now that I'm here, I wonder why it took so long, and why I put myself in a position where I am having to try and remember what we've been up to over the last month or so!

To summarise briefly:

We had a fantastic time in Australia.

We are now in India.

Clearly, more detail is required but if it is enough for you to know that we are both alive and well, then you can skip to the end, or go off and do the dishes, or whatever it is that you're putting off by reading this.

Starting with Australia, Adelaide is a fine city, and this is where we spent most of our time staying with Kel's folks, Kerry and Jeanenne. It was good spending time will them and also with Kel's friends but, as expected, time always flies and another trip (or more) beckons in the near future. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, as you would expect for Kel, but also for this particular Pom! Besides the people, Adelaide has a large number of fine eating and drinking establishments. I tried to reach them all but this proved impossible. Kel seems to have a mental list of all the places we never saw in Adelaide. My list is bigger.

Apart from the time in Adelaide, we spent three weeks in a campervan going form Darwin in the Northern Territories to Broome in Western Australia. We saw some amazing sights, my favourites being Kakadu National Park and the Bungle Bungles. The pleasure of seeing these sights was sometimes overwhelmed by the struggle of sleeping in an oven, but overall, and sometimes it is important to keep an eye on the horizon, the trip was good and maybe a bit of a taster for a future holiday. Next time though, we'll try and work out when the days are either a bit cooler or a bit drier which I think limits it to about 2 possible weeks a year!

Well, these two brief paragraphs don't really do justice to Australia, but we arrived in Delhi last night at 0230 and after a bit of a sleep this evening, my brain is fried.

It's decidedly hot here at the moment but fortunately the pollution stops the sunlight from reaching my frazzled brow! In a couple of days we're heading up to Srinagar in Kashmir (a la Michael Palin) to stay on a houseboat for a few days. All this hectic running about, we really need time to collect our thoughts! Do I detect even a smidgeon of sympathy? I should hope not!

Will write more when my brain is operational.

Take care,

Lots of love,

Ben and Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home